Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paper space line type view

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
jstormo
269 Views, 8 Replies

paper space line type view

In AutoCAD 2004 if I set both the LTSCALE and PSLTSCALE to 1, my lines would appear at the proper scale in paper space irregardless of what the viewport scale was. 3D 2007 doesn't seem to do this properly, I have to go in and adjust the line type scale to make the lines appear as desired in the viewport. Were am I going wrong? What if I need to have have two viewports at different scales on the same sheet?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: jstormo

I set my LTscale to my intended plotting scale (1"=50', or what ever) PSLTscale to 0, paperspace plot scale to 1"=1'. All I ever have to change is the LTscale from drawing to drawing which can be done at the same time as setting the drawing scale.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

It works, just used it today. I usually do as MMccall does with my ltscale at 1.5x's the dwg scale. So if I have my psltscale to 1, my ltscale is 1.5.
Andy
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

I use Ltscale=1 and PSltscale=1. If I have two viewports at different scales the line dashes are the same length in paper space. Have you tried a Regenall command?

Cliff Patterson
Rocke & Associates
Fort Wayne, IN.
Civil 3d 2007, SP-3
Xeon 2.80 Ghz, 2.0 GB Ram
Message 5 of 9

Agreed I use it all day every day. Sometimes the regen has to be called manually. But LTScale of 1 and PSLTScale of 1 works just like it always has.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Doesn't the 1 and 1 settings make all your linetypes appear continuous in model space?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Yes it does. But I believe to achieve the same dash/pattern length in viewports of different scales, PSLtscale needs to be 1.

Cliff Patterson
Rocke & Associates
Fort Wayne, IN.
Civil 3d 2007, SP-3
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Ahhh, I see. I don't do a lot of multiple scale stuff within the same drawing. Most of my scale changes are done with a separate drawing with the bulk of the information xreffed in and the separate drawing then has it's own LTscale setting.

I don't have a long term relationship with Autodesk products (only back to C3D 05) so posted questions like this make me rethink some of the decisions I made back when I was struggling to figure out which end was up.

So, it looks like either way works fine depending how you want to use the information in your drawing files and a bit of personal preference.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

There are several different ways to use the software and achieve the same end result.

Like you said it's just personal preference.

Cliff Patterson
Rocke & Associates
Fort Wayne, IN.
Civil 3d 2007, SP-3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report