Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panning within viewports??

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
clevelandw
724 Views, 6 Replies

Panning within viewports??

Ok, I don't know if it's just me or not, but in all prior versions of Civil 3D, excluding 2012, you could select objects within viewports and pan over and select another, etc.  In Civil 3D 2012 this isn't possible.  I continue to get the Viewport is view-locked, blah, blah, blah and my selection is no longer selected after the pan function.  Has anyone else experienced this???  I don't understand why Autodesk chooses to take out things that are working perfectly just to release a new version.  Autodesk add-on, don't take away!!!!!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
mathewkol
in reply to: clevelandw

Before you slam Autodesk publicly. I'm not having any trouble doing what I think you're saying.

Is PICKFIRST set to 1?

Can you provide exact steps to reproduce? Maybe include a dwg as well.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 7
clevelandw
in reply to: mathewkol

I don't think that I was "slamming" autodesk with my statement. 

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 4 of 7
mathewkol

Sorry to insult you. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment. I'm just not seeing the same results which makes me think you're doing something you're not supposed to be doing or not doing something you should.

This is why I asked about PICKFIRST and for the exact steps to reproduce.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 7
Jeff_M

If the Viewport is locked, you will get the behavior you desribe. Only when it is not locked can you pan around inside the VP. Autocad has been like this since PS Viewports were introduced, IIRC.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 7
clevelandw

You can actually pan and zoom within what they call Floating Paperspace, which the viewport is locked.  I guess I will have to look elsewhere for the answers then. ty for your responses.

Message 7 of 7
Cadd-mandu

Posting this for future reference.

We had a similar problem where the normal function of being able to go thru a viewport to select multipe objects in Model Space and between selections pan would cause your previous selections to be lost.  We ran an Audit but that didn't help.  We discovered that the Layout Tab was corrupted and we created a new Layout and Viewport as a work around.  This seemed to fix the problem.  We just copied everything to the new layout using a base point and used the new VP over the old one.

Hope this helps if anyone else runs across this issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report