Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pan + Zoom = Fatal Error

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jaycarroll24
2116 Views, 8 Replies

Pan + Zoom = Fatal Error

Hello all, Recently upgraded from Civil 3D 2014 to 2015 a couple weeks ago. Since upgrading, my software crashes 40+ times a day due to quickly panning and zooming around in model space. The error window displays this: "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception fd8e940dh". Seems to only have gotten worse since installing ServicePack1 for Civil 3D 2015. PC Specs: HP h8-1360t, Intel i7 3770 CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 12Gb RAM, 64-bit Windows 7 OS, AMD Radeon HD 7570 Graphics Card (If any more info is need please let me know.) So, is anyone having a similar problem or has anyone found a solution for this? Having to recover drawings 40+ times a day is getting ridiculous. Thanks in advance for your input!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

I don't see your graphics card listed. That's not to say it won't work, I'd be sure your graphics drivers were the latest.  If they already are, maybe back off one or two versions and see if there's a difference.  Here's the link for the Graphics Hardware List

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 9

This might also provide some information. I'm in no way promoting the utility available here, but the first part of the error message does seem to point to a driver issue.  http://www.wiki-errors.com/wiki-errors.php?wiki=e06d7363h

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 4 of 9

Thank you for the replies Lisa. My graphics card specs are included in my original post. I had some line breaks in there but I guess the forum condensed them. Anyways, its a AMD Radeon HD 7570 2Gb. More than sufficient to operate Civil 3D 2015. I have no issues Orbiting or any of the complex Civil 3D functions, but just clicking into a viewport to move something and pan around crashes it. Over and over. I have checked all of my drivers (through Device Manager) from graphics card to chip set and everything is up to date. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks again for your help. EDIT: Forgot to add... in the Autodesk Certified Hardware link that you provided does not include 2015 as a year choice for any of the Design Suites.
Message 5 of 9

I know the Suites for 2015 aren't there, but Acad is. The page I looked at didn't have a Radeon card listed.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 6 of 9

Lisa, thanks again for the reply. Ok, well as long as Civil 3D and AutoCAD 2015 recommend the same graphics cards then I guess I am following you. Thanks for the info, I guess I'll just have to go purchase an approved card....
Message 7 of 9

Have you tried dropping back a couple of versions on the driver? Have you tried disabling the hardware acceleration in C3D? I'd try those first before spending $$$ on another card. Some others on the discussion group may have some ideas.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Message 8 of 9

I have rolled back the drivers, but that did not help. Turning off the Hardware Acceleration does help the issue a little bit but does not fix the problem completely. Thanks again for your help.
Message 9 of 9

One other thing you might check, do you work with your window maximized?  I used to have a similar problem back in the day. I found that stretching my window to the limits of my monitor helped me with some video issues. Like I said that was a long time ago, but I've kept that practice since.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report