Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OVERLAYWIDENWITHSUPER1 zero cross slope glitch

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
torpedo99
474 Views, 6 Replies

OVERLAYWIDENWITHSUPER1 zero cross slope glitch

with the default cross slope 2% in place and no profile targets, section views with subject sub assembly come up at 0%

there's some polyline width targets but no verticals...

any thoughts?

thx!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sboon
in reply to: torpedo99

Check the superelevation parameters for the alignment.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 7
torpedo99
in reply to: sboon

the alignment has no super parameters, therefore it seems the defaults in the subassemblies should dictate

other thoughts?

thx,

Message 4 of 7
sboon

I just checked the help and the parameters for the sub.  I don't see a default slope parameter, and the help indicates that the lane slope always comes from the superelevation.  Perhaps we're talking about different subassemblies or different versions?

Clipboard99.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 7
torpedo99

I'm using 2012

In help under "layout mode operation" it sure seems to imply -2%, also in your graphic it shows a -2% slope value...

But I'm guessing you're on the right track.  However I've got a long tangent road and the super wizard simply returns "no curves on alignment" and the tabular editor won't let me add anything.  So I can't simply add 2% normal crown for the length of the roadway, hoping the assembly would kick in.

Any last thoughts?

again much obliged,

Message 6 of 7
sboon

The superelevation parameters won't calculate and the software won't allow you to add anything until you have a design speed set for the alignment.  Open the Alignment Properties dialog, switch to the Design Criteria tab and use the button to add one.

Clipboard01.png

I tried some experimenting with a single tangent alignment like yours and ran into the same problem - without any curves you cannot enter any superelevation values.  I ended up adding a very small three point curve to the end of the alignment then used masking to hide it.  Once that was done I could add the superelevation.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 7
torpedo99

you da man!

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report