Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overall Parcel

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
erwebsite
952 Views, 16 Replies

Overall Parcel

I thought you could create an overall parcel but, I can't figure out how. I have 21 parcels and I want one parcel that is all 21 together.

Thanks

-John

Civil 3D 2014
Win 7
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
wfberry
in reply to: erwebsite

Parcels are in Sites.  Make a new site and use that to make another single Parcel.

Bill

Message 3 of 17
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: wfberry

I'm confused?

Would not the overall parcel have been the parent of the subdivision? I did not know you could make parcels without subdividing?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 17
sboon
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

This is a situation where Civil3d does things differently than the real world.  Most of the time the lot that you own is a subdivision of the larger parcel that the developer started from, which is a further subdivision of a Section, which is part of a Township etc.  You may own the individual lot but the larger parcels continue to exist as a reference for the surveyors to work from.

The problem is that in C3d when you subdivide off a lot, that portion is removed from the larger parcel.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 17
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: sboon

Yes I am aware of that, I was confused the the OP got 21 parcels without subdividing.

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 6 of 17
rl_jackson

Can anyone say data shortcuts for parcels or someting similar?

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 17
mathewkol

Not sure what you mean Joe. I can't see anywhere in the OP's post where it says he did not subdivide.

Anyway, it's easy to do. Just make parcels from interconnected linework.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 8 of 17
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: mathewkol

I wasn't thinking from objects. I couldn't figure out how to draw a parcel from the parcel tool bar? I see now fixed lines and curves can do it but it kinda clunky.

Thank you

HP Z210 Workstation
12 GB Ram

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 9 of 17
castled071049

When you create a bunch of parcels on a site, an overal parcel is automatically created that contains all of the connected "sub"-parcels. You can attach a label to it as you would any parcel. No need to use separate sites, etc. It's done automatically.

Message 10 of 17
jmayo-EE

You may want to look at keeping one file for the existing parcel and make another for the proposed parcels.

Use xref's to bring them all into you design files and sheet files.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 11 of 17
sboon
in reply to: castled071049

Are you sure abou that?  I'm looking at the Parcel-2C drawing from the Tutorials.  Toolspace says that there's only 11 parcels in the drawing and that matches what I see.  How do I get an label onto the overall parcel?

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 12 of 17
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

If the you want the total area labeled you also may just want an area label on the Site. Note this would assume the entire site only the one large existing parcel.

Do this in Prospector by expanding the Site tree and right click on Parcels. You can add an area label to the site in this dialog.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 13 of 17
erwebsite
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks I saw this and it works. Now I am trying to give the site parcel a different style that the individual style. Its not working like I thought it did before. The outer overall parcel should be able to have a style that is a different color but it doesn't seem to work. -John
Civil 3D 2014
Win 7
Message 14 of 17
castled071049

As johnm pointed out, right click on Parcels in the Prospector (under the appropriate Site), go to "Propoerties", and attach a Site area label style. (See attached file.) In the red oval, upper right corner, the label for the automatically created overall site appears. It is typically named Lot 0, and does not appear in the listing of Parcels.

Create a label to suit for the overall site, attach it via the Site Parcel Properties as described above, then crack a cold, frosty one, kick back, and proclaim to all what a freakin' genius you are.

Message 15 of 17
castled071049

In the same place as you attached a label, you can create and attach parcel styles as well.

Message 16 of 17
sboon
in reply to: castled071049

Kudos for everybody !!

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 17 of 17
jmayo-EE

Go back to the Site's parcel properties dialog. Assign the parcel style you want, hit the Apply button and then look at the list of Parcel Style Display Order and make sure the style assigned above is at the top of the list.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report