Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSNAPZ Odd Behaviour

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ACADuser
1131 Views, 4 Replies

OSNAPZ Odd Behaviour

I'm using Civil 3D 2012 SP2.  An odd thing is occuring that I have not experienced before.  The issue is the elevation of line end point is changing when grip editing and snapping to the node of a cogo point object.  Setting OSNAPZ = 1 does not prevent the elevations from changing.

I don't recall it working this way in the past.  Is there some other setting that I'm missing (GRIPEDITOVERIDEOSNAPZ) ???

Strange thing is when drawing lines between point nodes with OSNAPZ set to 1, the resulting elevation is 0.  But editing an end point of that same line using grips and snapping to the node of another point changes the end point elevation to that of the point.

I have not been using Civil 3D for some time and am now just getting back into the thick of it.  I'm hoping someone has an answer before I spend hours trying to nail down this one issue.

Thanks 

ACADuser
Civil 3D 2018, Raster Design 2018
Windows 7 Enterprise
Dell Precision 5810 Workstation
Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3 @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB GDDR5
DUAL 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713HM
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: ACADuser

As far as I remember it has always worked that way.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: ACADuser

I've duplicated that in 2012. It looks like Grips don't honor OSnapZ.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
AllenJessup
in reply to: AllenJessup

A workaround might be to use polylines instead of lines. Even if you only draw one segment between points. Once the elevation of the polyline is at 0 using grips on a vertex or endpoint wont change it.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
ACADuser
in reply to: wfberry

Bill - You are correct.

Something I just realized is there were some recent changes made by our survey department to their point coding.  Drawings given to me in the past contained points with a style setting that would place the points at 0 elevation.  When modifying lines using grips and snapping to points with that style setting applied would result in the line end point being at 0 elevation as well.  The most recent drawing received was not set up that way, thus the reason for my confusion.

ACADuser
Civil 3D 2018, Raster Design 2018
Windows 7 Enterprise
Dell Precision 5810 Workstation
Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3 @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB GDDR5
DUAL 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713HM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report