Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Osnap and Selection Cycling

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ad_crj_1234
459 Views, 3 Replies

Osnap and Selection Cycling

I have Civil 3D 2015.  This could be a general AutoCAD 2015 issue.

I am having problems with OSNAPS.  SOMETIMES but not all of the time, when I try to select a point using an osnap, the selection cycling box will come up giving me the option to select a particular line, point, etc., whatever the case may be.  I can cancel the command and repeat the exact same steps and then it will not happen.

I cannot understand why the selection cycling box comes up when I am in the middle of a command, like MOVE for instance, and I have an osnap active.  (I have already selected the object to move, hit ENTER, and it is asking for the base point.  Whether I have running osnaps on or just activate one (I have mine on a toolbar), when trying to snap to the base point or the second point of displacement, that is when the selection cycling box will come up.)  (It happens with all commands not just MOVE.)

I like to use selection cycling, because I have a lot of overlapping objects.  But it is interfering with my osnaps somehow.

I did not have this issue with 2013 or 2014.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?  Has anyone else experienced this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: ad_crj_1234

try tapping the space bar while hovering

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
ad_crj_1234
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thanks.

If I hit the space bar (after the Selection Cycling box comes up - and I assume that is what you mean for me to do), it seems to accept the highlighted object (that is, what is pre-selected as default in the selection cycling list) as what I am trying to snap to.  This does not really solve my problem as I still have extra steps in selecting a point to snap to.  I need to figure out how to keep this box/list from coming up.  Seems you should not have to perform these extra clicks just to snap to a point, since you did not have to in 2013 or 2014.

Message 4 of 4
Luancat
in reply to: ad_crj_1234

Hi, I'm not here to bring solution, sorry.

I just have the same issue and need a solution too. That Post is here for a long time. It is because there is no solution at all?

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report