Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ortho image causing lines to print transparantly

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
asloat
363 Views, 5 Replies

Ortho image causing lines to print transparantly

In Civil3D 2012, I have used Data Connections to load one or more color ortho images. I have also added shape files using the same method. In these drawings I also may have regular CAD items such as Polylines.

When I print, both the lines from the shape files and the Polylines in CAD print out transparently on top of the Ortho image. The only way I have found to get either to print without transparency is to set them to black color.

Is there a way to get these things to print as solid colors on top of an Ortho image that is inserted with Data Connection?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Pointdump
in reply to: asloat

Asloat,

Have you tried Edit Style in the Display Manager?
http://help.autodesk.com/view/MAP/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-76076D83-1490-45A3-9D82-3656C77C6EB2

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 6
asloat
in reply to: Pointdump

That link relates to the image data, not the shapefile data. Either way I have looked at styles for the raster and shapefile data and for the shapefiles I see no setting that controls transparency. It seems no matter the color,l unless it is black, it is transparent over a data connected image.

Message 4 of 6
AllenJessup

In the Plotter Configuration Editor make sure your lines are set to Overwrite not Merge.

lo.PNG

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
asloat
in reply to: AllenJessup

You sir, are correct. Thank you very much.

Message 6 of 6
AllenJessup

You're welcome. Luckily it was a problem I've had to contend with in the past.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report