Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Organizing Deeds

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DaveM
186 Views, 2 Replies

Organizing Deeds

All,

I am curious how some of the surveyors here organize the  many deeds they draw in a project. Currently we create a layer with the name of the deeded property and place all of the lines and curves on that layer. It is not uncommon for us to have many deeds in a single drawing. I have though about making a separate drawing for each deed, having a Property-Deedname layer, as well as many options for organizing this information. I briefly thought of parcels, but many do not close perfectly.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
_Hathaway
in reply to: DaveM

We create each deed, survey or plat in our base drawing. Then we Wblock them out to a central database which is sorted by a Townhship-Range directory structure which then has a directory for each section. We save each file per the recording data. Of course we have pre-defined layers for the construction lines for ease of use when inserting or xrefing back into the project.
Message 3 of 3
DaveM
in reply to: _Hathaway

Mike,

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I had never really considered storing them per section Township and Range.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report