Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

orbit performance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
139 Views, 2 Replies

orbit performance

Good Day All. Question regarding performance in the orbit window. I have a corridor that is constructed out of 14 baselines and 5 different assemblies. During the orbit view it is slooooowww. Samples run at 10m along straight segments and around the bulb and curb returns I brought it down to 2. I have a gig of ram and a ATI fire gl 128Meg dual monitor card. Intel p4 3gig What would you recommend??? more ram???? or could it be the card?????
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

All of the above? Render materials on the subassemblies? What's your 3d view of the assemblies? Surfaces? Frames? etc. You'd probably want 2G and a 128M video at least to try and handle that smoothly. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D2005
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

"Landman" wrote in message news:41c08cd1_3@newsprd01... > I have a corridor that is constructed out of 14 baselines and 5 different > assemblies. During the orbit view it is slooooowww. Samples run at 10m along > straight segments and around the bulb and curb returns I brought it down to > 2. I have a gig of ram and a ATI fire gl 128Meg dual monitor card. Are you using the hardware capabilities of your card for drawing? If not, you could try it since you have the FireGL card: Type in "options" Switch to "System" tab In "Current 3D Graphics display" click on the Properties button In the "Acceleration" group switch to Hardware Experiment with other settings on this page as you feel comfortable, especially the adaptive degradation if the performance problem is during interactive manipulation. -- Himanshu Gohel. Civil3D Team, Autodesk, Inc. Autodesk Civil3D Product Information <>

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report