Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OPTIONS>PROFILES I DELETED STANDARD PROFILES NOW AUTOCAD WONT START

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kmedeiros1
1075 Views, 6 Replies

OPTIONS>PROFILES I DELETED STANDARD PROFILES NOW AUTOCAD WONT START

So I have a user profile that I have to always load when I open Autocad Civil 3d.  I would type OP for options, then go to the Profiles tab and load my profile "MDMG" (not to be confused with 3d profiles, Alignment Profiles, etc.).  Well I finally got tired of loading it everytime and decided to delete all the profiles but "MDMG".  Now when I try to open Civil 3D it stayes on the startup screen and never fully opens.  How can I fix this, since I can't even open the program now?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
kmedeiros1
in reply to: kmedeiros1

Nevermind, I got an error message that stayed behind all the windows that asked if I would like to make a standard profile, since the others were missing, but can anyone tell me how I can have my "MDMG" profile be the standard profile? Thanks

Message 3 of 7
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I'm assuming that you use a shortcut on your dekstop or the taskbar.  Rt-click on the shortcut and select properties.  In the command line itself, towards the end of the line there's a /p "profile name" switch.

My default looks like this:  "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\AecBase.dbx" /p "<<C3D_Imperial>>"

"<<C3D_Imperial>>" is the default profile for my install. Yours may vary depending on your version.

You can copy or modify the shortcut and change the /p profile name to /p "MGMD" then it will always start with yours.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 4 of 7
Jay_B

One way is to create a "profile switch" within a desktop icon.

To Create a new icon>Start Menu>All Programs>AutoDesk>AutoCad Civil 3D XX>

Choose Imperial or Metric>Rt. click>Send To>Desktop Create Shortcut>

Right click on new shortcut>Shortcut Tab>Start in: > replace the text within the end

quotes "<<C3D_Metric>>" with "MDMG"

Launch C3D using this icon and the MDMG profile will be loaded automatically

every time C3D loads.

pfl switch.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM

I have a customer that has had this start happening to him.  We tried all of the above mentioned.  We narrowed it down to starting up Civil 3D before all of the mapped network drives were loaded (weird I know).  Both Windows 7 and 8 mapped drives do not load until they are called by some function or program (ostensibly this improves boot times) so it would be a good idea to open Windows Explorer first and make sure the network drives are “active” before you launch Civil.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 6 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Todd,

We have the reset to default issue your describing here too.

In this case it sounds like the OP actually deleted the OOTB profiles intentionally.

The issue you describe has more to do with a custom arg profile getting reset to default in our case.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Jay_B

Yep, you are correct.  My bad.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report