Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening drawing in civil 3d that was created in map 2008

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bobkrissy
211 Views, 4 Replies

opening drawing in civil 3d that was created in map 2008

I am going crazy.  I recently upgraded from map 2008 to civil 3d 2010.  Whenever I open a drawing that was last saved/used in my map 2008 program, it freezes upon opening and tells me there are errors.  If I ignore the problem, I can continue to open and work on drawing, but every time I open it up, I get the errors and the freeze.  Is there something I can do in civil 3d 2010 that will bypass whatever is freezing it up?  I have included a drawing that is freezing up in civil 3d 2009 and/or 2010 that was created with map 08

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
entropist
in reply to: bobkrissy

Have you tried running Recover on the effected files?

I just did a quick test with the file you uploaded, and after a recover operation the file opened with no errors.

Message 3 of 5
Jeff_M

Yep, Recover, Save, works for me, too.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 5
bobkrissy

Why do I have to recover each and every drawing though?  Any clues?  Also, with some drawings that works, others it does not.  I am looking for to upload one now where it continually shows errors even after recover.  thanks in advance for all your help.  Very much appreciated.

Message 5 of 5
Jeff_M

At one time it was recommended to always use Recover when bringing drawings forward. In newer (C3D2012+ in my experience) it hasn't been needed near as much. 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report