Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opening 2010 or 2011 dwgs in 2009--do I use TrueView or Civil_2011_OE_64Bit?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ronaldwcarney
201 Views, 1 Reply

opening 2010 or 2011 dwgs in 2009--do I use TrueView or Civil_2011_OE_64Bit?

I am using a network version of Civil3d 2009, running  on a Windows 7 Enterprise 64 bit platform on my laptop.

I am trying to open a drawing and I get the message that it was created in a more recent version of Autocad.

i do not know, at present whether or not it was created in 2010 or 2011.

The error message refers me to look into downloading TrueConvert.

I have not yet done this.  I see some comments that it is part of TrueView.

I also see comments that using it is rather unwieldy.

i also see that i first would need to download the Akamai NetSession Interface (a Download and Install Enabler program) to properly install the TrueView program.

I did look up TrueView 2011 and found the Object Enabler file Civil_2011_OE_64Bit, but I am not sure if this is what I need.

Is this stand-alone or do I first need the TrueView program components before I can use the Object Enabler.

Do i need to download both the TrueView components and the Object Enabler components?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: ronaldwcarney

Using the DWG True View 2013 software you can convert the latest AutoCAD drawing format to 2000,2004 and 2007 AutoCAD formats but you should also notice that Civil 3D drawings are not backward compatible.

The Civil Object Enabler is an application that you can use to access to the AutoCAD Civil 3D drawing data from Autodesk AutoCAD.

The Akamai software is a tool that only help you to download the DWG True View software a bit faster.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report