Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open File Dialog

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JeffWright5789
278 Views, 3 Replies

Open File Dialog

Clicking on "Open" causes Civil 3D to crash...   Seriously?...

Appreciate all the help from the Forum
Version: AutoCAD C3D 2010
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lsimms1
in reply to: JeffWright5789

That is a windows update thing.  I'll let you know when we figure out how to fix it.

My current work around is to open drawing 1, close, open drawing 2.  Now drawing 1 is in the list and can be opened without crashing.

Hopefully we will find an answer sooner rather than later.

If you figure it out, please post it.

Message 3 of 4
Sinc
in reply to: lsimms1

That sounds very strange...  I haven't encountered anything that sounds like that.  Have you tried opening a support request with Autodesk?

The closest thing I've experienced to that is with C3D 2010.  There are a few different ways it can get "messed up" so that it crashes on startup.  C3D 2010 might be working fine for months, then one day, it simply refuses to start.  One of them is related to Communication Center, and the issue can be fixed by resetting a value in the registry (the details have been posted here a few times).  If that doesn't work, then the issue might be fixed by following the procedure for "initiating the secondary installer" (which has also been posted a few times, and the procedure can also be found in the Knowledge Base).  If that doesn't fix it, then you might have discovered the third one.  With this one, I've been so far unable to find a cause or a fix, but C3D still works fine for other users on the same computer.  It's happened twice to us now.  In both cases, I ended up creating a new Windows User Account, and moving the employee to the new account, abandoning the old user account, and that gets around the problem.  So far, it seems like these problems only affect C3D 2010.

Sinc
Message 4 of 4

Thanks for the posts... It's not the first time it's happened.  We simply reinstall C3D.  Yes, I know it takes an hour and yes, it takes 2 to 3 more to get the activation codes but we're not real comfortable messing around in the registry...

Appreciate all the help from the Forum
Version: AutoCAD C3D 2010

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report