Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only display points from one point group

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
ksmart1975
1866 Views, 5 Replies

Only display points from one point group

I am working with an Elevations Only point group, where I only want to show ground shots (cl of road, ground, edge od pavement, etc) and not objects like hydro pole, stake, benchmarks, etc.

So, I've Included everything I want to see based on the raw descriptions. I created a Point Label Style that has only the Point Elevation with a True Visibility. I checked the Override for Point Label Style and set it to the Point Label Style of Elevations Only.

When I change the order of the Point Groups so that my Elavtions Only point group is at the top, all of the points I included change to the correct label style and only show the elevations. But, I want to change it so that I only see those points I included and nothing else. 

Can this be done?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MSBryan
in reply to: ksmart1975

Do you by any chance have  a "_No Display" point group created that has a "none" style for label and point styles?

Typically you create this and the point group(s) you want visible are set above and the ones you don't want see would be set below.

MSB 

Message 3 of 6
tcorey

Make a group you call No Display. Assign that group's Point Style as none and Point Label Style as none. Include all points in this group.

Now, go to the Point Group Hierarchy (right click Point Groups in Prospector and pick Properties.) Those point groups you want to see, move above No Display. Those you don't want to see, move below No Display.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 6
ksmart1975
in reply to: MSBryan

Thank you, that did it. Sorry I really had to spell it out with bold and everything. Generally I'll get answers to something I've already done, even though I put it in my original post.

Message 5 of 6
tcorey

@ksmart1975 wrote:

.... Sorry I really had to spell it out with bold and everything. ....

Yeah, it really makes me mad when someone makes his request easy to understand.Smiley Wink

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 6 of 6
ksmart1975
in reply to: tcorey

HAHA, yup, I figured that would annoy a few people.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report