Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One misclick and I have something in my command line. How do I get rid of it??

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
albionpjl
377 Views, 3 Replies

One misclick and I have something in my command line. How do I get rid of it??

Hi,

I have no idea what I hit by mistake, but suddenly I have a search tool and some kind of zoom control that affects the text of my command line.

It's in the way and I'd like to get rid of it. It's also pretty useless as a search tool because I can't find any way to actually type inside the box!

I have tried searching for info but as I don't know what the thing is called, I can't find anything. I tried the command line options and the search settings with no luck.

I'll attach a screen shot, with the thing marked out in red.

Can someone please tell me the variable or setting to remove it please?

Civil 3d 2015

Thanks

PJ

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: albionpjl

I do not think that is part of AutoCAD/C3D. That almost certainly is something to do with your O/S, the video driver software, or some other 3rd party add on.

I recall someone else having something similar, but not quite the same, and I think he/she posted back later on and said it went away on its own. Doesn't help you much, sorry.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 4
albionpjl
in reply to: rkmcswain

Thanks.

No add-ons but I do have a graphics card so it could be something to do with that, as you suggest.

Luckily, as with that other person, the inserted thing has now vanished by itself. I wish I knew what I had keyed so I can avoid doing it ever again.

Oh well, it's back to normal now.

Thanks again.

PJ

Message 4 of 4
albionpjl
in reply to: rkmcswain

Weird!

I have found the click combination that makes this pop into existance, but repeating the combination doesn't get rid of it. Closing and restarting Cad is the only way that I have found to remove it.

I don't know the right term for the bit of text that appears above the command line and shows your previous commands, but if I click on that bit and then hit f3, the useless search and zoom tools appear.

PJ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report