Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Profiles (.ARG)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
martin.harlem
719 Views, 2 Replies

Old Profiles (.ARG)

Hello.

We have during the last years built our own Civil 3D/AutoCad profiles.

This profiles are distributed to the users with *.ARG-files.

But when we are trying to import the .Arg-files to Civil 3D 2011 some weird things happen.

For example under options > user preferences the default scalelist-button has dissapered!

If I use the default AutoCad profile the button is there!

Any tips to get the button back??:)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
wfberry
in reply to: martin.harlem

Apparently different problems are happening with 2012 but you can read about all of these in this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/What-determines-if-profile-is-quot-C3D-quot-or-quot-a...

Bill

Message 3 of 3

The arg file is like an exported registry ''reg" file.  It contains all of the key names and values for the exported profile.  Your problem is that a profile exported from an older version of AutoCAD will not have all of the keys and values that have been added to the new version. 

I maintain about two-dozen profiles for our company.  To make sure that our profiles are complete, I recreate theme from scratch with each new release.  I do use some lisp routines with standard variable settings to help automate the process.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report