Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay Next Problem

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
rpilcher
508 Views, 10 Replies

Okay Next Problem

Hello Everyone

Sorry about the subject name I didn't know what to call it.

After getting my Corridor Surfaces figured out, Thanks to sboon.

I get my volume report and it shows a large amount of cut on my first two cross sections. The rest of them are the way they are suppose to be.  I have tried to change the assembly and adjust all my the lengthes, slopes and what not on my assembly but no luck. It drops down 728 feet and then finishes the cross section then goes back up and ties back into the existing ground. I attached a pic of my cross section.

Thanks Rob

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Kevin.Spear
in reply to: rpilcher

hard to tell form that picture.

verify the surface is correct maybe?  If you could post the drawing that would help!

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin Spear, PE
Message 3 of 11
rpilcher
in reply to: Kevin.Spear

I have checked my existing ground surface and it is correct. If you are talking about my finished surface, not sure how I am suppose to check it. I can modify my cross section and take most of the big cut out, but not all of it.

I am a newbee to this, so do you want me to atttach the drawing as a dwg or something else?

Message 4 of 11
Jay_B

Check the "Statistics" tab in the "Surface Properties" for both your Datum and FG corridor surfaces minimum and maximum elevation values.

Are they within the proper elevation ranges?

surf statistics.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 11
rpilcher
in reply to: Jay_B

No my min Elev. is at -5.123. I attached a pic of it.

Thanks.

Rob

Message 6 of 11
Jay_B

Look at the surface in FRONT view or object viewer to see where/why the issue is occuring.

Post a caption here of that if possible.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 7 of 11
rpilcher

Ok I attached a pic in my Front view and one zoomed in. It looks like a cross section.

Thanks

Rob

Message 8 of 11
Jay_B

Do you get any "cannot tie" warnings at that station range when you rebuild your corridor?

Is there enough existing ground surface left and right in this vicinity for daylight to occur?

Double check your  elevation range statistics for EG surface to be sure it's within the acceptable range and doesn't also go to -Z.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 9 of 11
rpilcher

I didn't any warnings when rebuilding the corridor.

When it ties back in to existing ground, it goes almost straight up.

Message 10 of 11
KirkNoonan

What are you targeting in that area with your assembly? It certainly looks like the kind of issue that happens when you run out of profile before you run out of alignment, but that shouldn't happen in the middle. Try to add a surface point at a reasonable elevation into your EG surface at that location.

Message 11 of 11
rpilcher
in reply to: KirkNoonan

I found it, it was tring to sample outside the corridor.

Thanks to everyone.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report