AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
motobecane
Message 1 of 7 (78 Views)

Offsetting Profiles in Profile View

78 Views, 6 Replies
12-07-2004 08:12 PM
When the grade along a pipe profile is great enough or the exaggeration we need to show is extreme enough, we will often need to offset sections of the profile in the same profile view. Is this possible today in C3D?
Contributor
Scott Wolfe
Message 2 of 7 (78 Views)

Re: Offsetting Profiles in Profile View

12-08-2004 08:14 AM in reply to: motobecane
under the profile menu,
choose create from surface,
select the alignment,
select the surface,
click the checkbox sample offsets,
type in the offset and apply
this will show the selected surface at the offset typed in.

Scott Wolfe
Valued Contributor
motobecane
Message 3 of 7 (78 Views)

12-08-2004 09:02 AM in reply to: motobecane
Scott,

Thanks for that, I hadn't tried that yet. My real question is really more breaking up one profile view to show the same alignment that has an extreme grade and hits the top of the profile view to start back down at the bottom again for the next few hundred feet of profile and as it hits the top again, it again starts back down at the bottom. We then label match points along the profile line.
Contributor
Scott Wolfe
Message 4 of 7 (78 Views)

12-08-2004 09:26 AM in reply to: motobecane
Oh, Sorry, I havn't tried that yet. I will look forward to someone elses thoughts on this.

Scott
*Chakri Gavini
Message 5 of 7 (78 Views)

12-08-2004 09:35 AM in reply to: motobecane
I understand that you are looking for a "split profile" functionality so that when a profile view is drawn to "user defined grid height" - it would re adjust the datum as the vertical alignment crosses the grid limits. In a given single profile view this functionality is not available at this point in Civil 3D (something to look forward). However (in current versions) you can create multiple profile views for different station ranges of alignment, which to simulate this manually. Chakri "motobecane" wrote in message news:14214721.1102525368700.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Scott, > > Thanks for that, I hadn't tried that yet. My real question is really more breaking up one profile view to show the same alignment that has an extreme grade and hits the top of the profile view to start back down at the bottom again for the next few hundred feet of profile and as it hits the top again, it again starts back down at the bottom. We then label match points along the profile line.
*Lisa Pohlmeyer
Message 6 of 7 (78 Views)

12-08-2004 10:27 AM in reply to: motobecane
I understand that this option isn't available (yet). How about splitting your paperspace viewports? Lisa Pohlmeyer motobecane wrote: > When the grade along a pipe profile is great enough or the exaggeration we need to show is extreme enough, we will often need to offset sections of the profile in the same profile view. Is this possible today in C3D?
Valued Contributor
motobecane
Message 7 of 7 (78 Views)

12-08-2004 10:33 AM in reply to: motobecane
Yes Chakri, you are correct in my needs. Thanks for your informative answer.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.