Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offsetting Profiles in Profile View

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
284 Views, 6 Replies

Offsetting Profiles in Profile View

When the grade along a pipe profile is great enough or the exaggeration we need to show is extreme enough, we will often need to offset sections of the profile in the same profile view. Is this possible today in C3D?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Scott Wolfe
in reply to: Anonymous

under the profile menu,
choose create from surface,
select the alignment,
select the surface,
click the checkbox sample offsets,
type in the offset and apply
this will show the selected surface at the offset typed in.

Scott Wolfe
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Scott,

Thanks for that, I hadn't tried that yet. My real question is really more breaking up one profile view to show the same alignment that has an extreme grade and hits the top of the profile view to start back down at the bottom again for the next few hundred feet of profile and as it hits the top again, it again starts back down at the bottom. We then label match points along the profile line.
Message 4 of 7
Scott Wolfe

Oh, Sorry, I havn't tried that yet. I will look forward to someone elses thoughts on this.

Scott
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I understand that you are looking for a "split profile" functionality so that when a profile view is drawn to "user defined grid height" - it would re adjust the datum as the vertical alignment crosses the grid limits. In a given single profile view this functionality is not available at this point in Civil 3D (something to look forward). However (in current versions) you can create multiple profile views for different station ranges of alignment, which to simulate this manually. Chakri "motobecane" wrote in message news:14214721.1102525368700.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Scott, > > Thanks for that, I hadn't tried that yet. My real question is really more breaking up one profile view to show the same alignment that has an extreme grade and hits the top of the profile view to start back down at the bottom again for the next few hundred feet of profile and as it hits the top again, it again starts back down at the bottom. We then label match points along the profile line.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I understand that this option isn't available (yet). How about splitting your paperspace viewports? Lisa Pohlmeyer motobecane wrote: > When the grade along a pipe profile is great enough or the exaggeration we need to show is extreme enough, we will often need to offset sections of the profile in the same profile view. Is this possible today in C3D?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Yes Chakri, you are correct in my needs. Thanks for your informative answer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report