Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset Alignments + Stationing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tthurmer
370 Views, 2 Replies

Offset Alignments + Stationing

I have a project where I am updating rural curb and gutter. I have created offset alignments for left and right side curbs as well as a centerline alignment. My dilemma is that when my centerline goes around a curve, my offset alignments do not maintain the stationing of the center alignment. So when I am in profile view, my elevations are scewd by approx. 10 feet. For example, the Centerline stationing is 24+00 while the left curb alignment is at 23+90 and the right side curb is at 24+10. 10 feet makes alot of difference when the grade is between 8 & 10 percent! Is there a way to have the offset alignments stationing be based solely off the centerline alignment?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sboon
in reply to: tthurmer

The short answer is no - each alignment has its own independent stationing.

If you really want to display a curb profile at the centerline stationing then you'll probably have to use a superimposed profile. 

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 3
brian.strandberg
in reply to: sboon

You can do a superimposed profile - easy.  You just need an alignment for both, a profile for both and a profile view.

If you need to show stations for both alignments, you can create an alignment label with reference text to refer to the other alignment.  One label can show station / offset for multiple alignments.

I rarely have time to post. If what I post helps please use Accept as Solution / Like when appropriate.

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report