Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset Alignments Go Crazy

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
smarkel
1018 Views, 2 Replies

Offset Alignments Go Crazy

I have a centerline alignment with two offset alignments that reference it (road edge).  At the curves throughout the 3+ mile segment I manually added widening to the offset alignments at the curves.  I now need to go back and add additional curves to the centerline alignment.  I'm trying to do this by adding additional PI's to create a new tangent where I want the curve, then deleting this tangent and adding in the new curve.  When I delete the new tangent sub entity my offset alignments get cut off at end of the alignment (where I deleted the tangent).  This causes all of the widenings I had created to be bunched up at the section of remaining CL Alignment.  When I build a new curve through the deleted portion and re-establish the alignment to its full original length the offset widenings do not re-associate to their original stationing (they remain bunched up at the first few hundred feet.

Is there a way to add curves to the alignment without losing the stationing for my curve widening on the offset alignments?  I attached a screenshot of what happens to my offsets (red) when I delete a section of the CL alignment, the widening remains all bunched up when I reconnect the original alignment.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
toyhonda86
in reply to: smarkel

Don't delete the tangent, use Free Curve Fillet and select the two entities you want to fillet then enter the radius.

Adam

Windows 7 x 64
NVIDIA Quadro K2200
16 GB Ram
Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.40 GHz
Civil 3D 2017
Message 3 of 3
smarkel
in reply to: toyhonda86

Thanks Adam, figured this out just a few minutes ago.  Overthinkg it as usual!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report