Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offset Alignment-Plan & Profile Sync to Centerline Alignment station

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JBR-1
2076 Views, 3 Replies

Offset Alignment-Plan & Profile Sync to Centerline Alignment station

I have a Project that I have an offset alignment that represent my gutter line on street rehab. I have always designed my profiles to refrence my centerline alignment stationing, in LDD I recall all my offset profiles Curb & Gutter ref back to my parent alignment (centerline). Now when you create an offset alignment the station is diffrent due to the fact that as the alignment travel at the design offset and the alignment gets longer. So when I design I use my centerline stationing to design my gutter flow line (thats where I cal all my slopes) So when I create my profile for my offset alignment it shows it own stationing which just makes it hard for me to check my design due to the fact it not refrencing my centerline alignment. There has to be a better way I want to have my offset alignment profile to be in sync to my centerline alignment.

TY

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
troma
in reply to: JBR-1

Are you designing everything in plan, or are you using profile views? If you are using profiles, look into the 'Superimposed Profile' command. This will show one profile on the other one's view. I think that will help you.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 4
wfberry

"due to the fact that as the alignment travel at the design offset and the alignment gets longer"

The alignment will be longer if it is on the outside of the curve.  LDD (try to forget it) as best as I recall, used a sample offset which you can also do in Civil 3D.  Let's face it, if there is an alignment along the center line and one on the curb line they WILL be different lengths unless they are both straight.  You cannot have an alignment in the center and one on the curb with the same matching stationing.

Use one alignment and reference to it. It will be tricky if you show profiles for the gutter line based on the centerline alignment, the slope may be slightly off.  (Not enough to matter, I think.)

Bill

Message 4 of 4
Joe-Bouza

profile the gutter and use reference lables

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report