Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

offset alignment as pavement edgeline

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lambertb
909 Views, 4 Replies

offset alignment as pavement edgeline

civil 3d 2014 sp1

I would like to use offset alignments for my edgelines. I have come across two ideas.

1. put the o/s alignments in the same dwg as the centerline alignment. DS into a proposed work file.

2. DS centerline into a proposed work file, create o/s alignments there.

You can use the intersection tool to make alignments in either the centerline or proposed work file. However profiles are in the alignment file and only would be linked there.

Data management of civil 3d files could be a full time job...

Thanks.

C3D 2022 and 2024
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: lambertb

not sure if there is a question here but cant you just use a alignment to target and profile?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
lambertb
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I was wondering if anyone has workflow experience of putting edge of pavement alignments in with the centerline or if they put them in a proposed work type file. We are starting out new to civil 3d and are trying to find tips and tricks for data management. With multiple users on a project, keeping multiple people accessing different design areas is a bit tricky without having one dwg for every c3d object...

C3D 2022 and 2024
Message 4 of 5
ericvallejo7526

Coming up with a Civil 3D workflow starting out is definatly a challenge for any firm.  It took a while (years) for us to get a drawing management workflow established through many aches and pains.  I just posted something along the lines yesterday concerning this, along with an example.  Check it out; hope it helps you get going!

http://forums.autodesk.com/autodesk/board/message?board.id=66&message.id=238992#M238992

Eric Vallejo, LSI
Missman, Inc.
Civil 3D 2014, SP2
Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit
Message 5 of 5
Joe-Bouza

yes it can be tricky.
I wish I had a clear answer. I'm mostly working on my own or with 2 or 3 others so corrdinating has not been a big deal yet

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report