AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Contributor
tyr_tomkem
Message 1 of 3 (206 Views)

Objects in C3D having parameters like Revit

206 Views, 2 Replies
08-10-2012 02:22 AM

Hi!

Long time reader, first time poster. I am currently using Civil 3D 2011 and 2012 but soon making the jump to 2013.

In my project I want to able to present a 3D-object from Civil 3D 2011 to Navisworks, eg the body of a road. I am doing this currently with the add-on program from Autodesk Labs named Corridor Solids. The several different 3D-objects that represent the different layers of the road body needs to have a certain set of parameters. For instance, Name, Dimensions, Material and so forth.

Currently, the only thing that I can present in Navisworks is the layer name that I associate to that object when I export it from Civil 3D with Corridor Solids.

Is there a way, in vanilla Civil 3D or perhaps an add-on program that I can use to associate more parameters to a solid?

Regards,

Tommy

aargumaniz
Message 2 of 3 (90 Views)

Re: Objects in C3D having parameters like Revit

07-31-2013 09:57 AM in reply to: tyr_tomkem

Did you ever get feed back on this or have you come up with a solution to export the volume parameters into Navisworks?

*Expert Elite*
mikeevans
Message 3 of 3 (76 Views)

Re: Objects in C3D having parameters like Revit

08-01-2013 01:38 AM in reply to: aargumaniz

There is a way however, why use the corridor export tool, just export direct to Navisworks (NWCOUT).

You would get all information on the model correctly.

If you would rather you can export a DWFx to do the same thing.

As for adding intelligent information to a 3D object or any civil3d object don't forget you have Map, you can add Object data tables and fill them in with any information you desire. BIM = GIS in old language.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2013 / 2014 British UK
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.