Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objects in C3D having parameters like Revit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tyr_tomkem
508 Views, 2 Replies

Objects in C3D having parameters like Revit

Hi!

Long time reader, first time poster. I am currently using Civil 3D 2011 and 2012 but soon making the jump to 2013.

In my project I want to able to present a 3D-object from Civil 3D 2011 to Navisworks, eg the body of a road. I am doing this currently with the add-on program from Autodesk Labs named Corridor Solids. The several different 3D-objects that represent the different layers of the road body needs to have a certain set of parameters. For instance, Name, Dimensions, Material and so forth.

Currently, the only thing that I can present in Navisworks is the layer name that I associate to that object when I export it from Civil 3D with Corridor Solids.

Is there a way, in vanilla Civil 3D or perhaps an add-on program that I can use to associate more parameters to a solid?

Regards,

Tommy

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
aargumaniz
in reply to: tyr_tomkem

Did you ever get feed back on this or have you come up with a solution to export the volume parameters into Navisworks?

Message 3 of 3
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: aargumaniz

There is a way however, why use the corridor export tool, just export direct to Navisworks (NWCOUT).

You would get all information on the model correctly.

If you would rather you can export a DWFx to do the same thing.

As for adding intelligent information to a 3D object or any civil3d object don't forget you have Map, you can add Object data tables and fill them in with any information you desire. BIM = GIS in old language.

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report