Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

objects disappear????

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
7702 Views, 5 Replies

objects disappear????

When I copy or move an opject, say a line or a symbol, it disappears. If I hit regen, all my data in model space is no longer visible. I have to save, close cad and open and everything is there. What is possibly happening? It has happened about 10x in a row, only about 15 seconds after I open the file? Please help.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Sinc
in reply to: Anonymous

Is it happening only in one drawing?

Have you been using C3D on this computer for a while with no issues, then have this problem start suddenly, or did you just install C3D?

Sinc
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Sinc

It has happened on more than one computer in several different files. I just installed service pack 1 to see if it would fix it. I am running 2011 right now. I don't recall this ever happening with any previous versions. It has happened a few times over the last few weeks. Now I am trying to crank out a project for a Monday deadline and have to close and reopen the file literally ever 2 minutes. My blood pressure is boiling !!!!!!!!

Message 4 of 6
SethHall

Even though you say this is happening on multiple machines, the first thing I would check is your graphics card drivers: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=6711848&linkID=9240698

Additionally are you and your other users using a custom profile ARG file? If so try loading a stock ARG file such as <<C3D_Imperial>> and see if you can reproduce. If you can't reproduce under a stock ARG, then it may be that your ARG has become corrupted.

Hope this helps!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 5 of 6
EcosystemServices

This is also happening to me.  I have had this happen with C3D 2013 as well as C3D 2014.  It only happens with particular drawings.  Audit does not find any errors and recover does not resolve the issue either (I"m not sure if it is really applicable to this issue anyway).  The common thread between the drawings that this seems to happen with is the amount of external referenced data (shape, raster, etc).

Also, it seems to occur right after I save the drawing.  If I regen or the computer does an auto regen, poof!  Everything except the georeferenced jpegs are gone.

Anybody have any insight?

Thank you for your time.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: EcosystemServices

similar problem with autocad 3D 2013 - the objetc disappears when click or zoom or paint or move etc etc..

the only way was export to FBX and import in the project again... 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report