AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

RDW
RDW
Message 1 of 2 (73 Views)

Object vs. layer based styles

73 Views, 1 Replies
11-18-2004 07:18 AM
Show of hands please (cybernetically speaking). Has anyone devised an efficient method of using object based style formats for x-ref’ing multiple drawings into a plotting (deliverable) sheet?

Here’s the drill – my final plotting drawings collect x-ref’s into a title and border sheet. These plotting sheets display various line weights and intensities to depict existing vs. proposed features. Where it gets dicey is when I wish to “screen back” proposed features in order to accentuate specific plan disciplines, such as screening back proposed buildings on a Landscape Plan.

This is standard fare for layer based styles but I’m drawing a blank (pun intended) with object based styles.
*James Wedding
Message 2 of 2 (73 Views)

Re: Object vs. layer based styles

11-18-2004 07:27 AM in reply to: RDW
It can't be done smoothly with ByObject styles. In the current version, ByLayer is the only style management scheme that makes sense. I hope to see styles somehow become a part of the object, even when xref'd in a future version. -- James Wedding, P.E. Technology Manager Associate Jones & Boyd, Inc. Dallas, TX XP/2 on P4-3.4/1G LDT2005+C3D http://au.autodesk.com Sign up now for AU2004!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.