Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Viewer Steering Wheel 2015

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
703 Views, 7 Replies

Object Viewer Steering Wheel 2015

The steering wheel orbit mode is not working. This has been the case for quite a while. In another thread they talk about turning Hardware Acceleration off. But this does not solve the issue completely.

Why is this still broken?

It looks as though the orbit ball gets stuck on the camera plane.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tony1978
in reply to: Anonymous

What kind of objects are you viewing in the Object viewer? Surfaces or pipes or everything? If you are viewing a surface I would recommend on your surface style, to only show triangles and contours. I notices a major lag if my points are turned on and slope arrows are turned on for a large surface. Second, I would check to see if you have the latest video driver for your computer in the Options/Systems/Graphics Performance. 

Tony Carcamo

President/Owner

Civil CAD Learning Solutions

DFW BIM Infrastructure User Group

LinkedIn | Twitter | Instagram | DFWBIUG |User Group

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: tony1978

I usually upgrade the drivers. Currently it says: 9.18.13.4121. It does not matter what I view everything is screwed up on multiple different computers. It is not a performance issue but the behaviour is off. It was working fine in 2013.

Message 4 of 8
AllenJessup

I don't use that feature. But including Current software version, OS, card manufacturer, RAM, etc. can help in diagnosis. A description of "All screwed up" verses expected operation can be useful also.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

Expected operation: Move pivot point with "Center" orbit around that point with "Orbit.

Current operation: Move pivot point with "Center" orbit around another point with "Orbit. It seems to put the pivot point at the camera place.

The behaviour seem to exist regardless of content(surface lines etc). However if Hardware Acceleration is turned off it sometimes works somewhat as expected then it bugs out and does not function.

This behaviour has existed since at least 2014. I don't have another version than 2015 installed. If you do try the behaviour in other applications.

Sorry for my rude behaviour. It is not a sufficient reason but I was frustrated.

I have attached System Specs (Tuner Log) for the computers we have tested with.

Message 6 of 8
AllenJessup

I didn't consider you to be rude. My suggestions were just normal comments on what helps the diagnostic process in these groups. I wish I could help but hopefully someone who is familiar with the steeringwheel will jump in. Have you considered opening a Support Request with Autodesk through your Subscription?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: AllenJessup

No. I get the subscription from a license server at the company I work for.

Message 8 of 8
AllenJessup

OK. Autodesk's terminology causing confusion again.

Civil 3D is a "Subscription Only" product. So I'm thinking your company has a Subscription contract. Depending on the level of the subscription you will have, at least, the right to web support from Autodesk. Other levels allow for phone support. So make sure that you know what level of Subscription you have.

Whoever functions as you CAD Manager should have access to this. If no one does you need to contact your reseller to set someone up with access. If you don't have it set up your not getting all your money's worth from the Subscription contract.

So my suggestion was to use the rights under the Subscription contract to start a Support Request with Autodesk about your problem. Believe it or not they sometimes don't realize there is a problem if no one tells them.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report