Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Snaps Won't Turn Off

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3347 Views, 4 Replies

Object Snaps Won't Turn Off

hey,

Just noticed this lately - last week or so. I am working with a drawing heavy in Map objects - Acad objects with Map object data attached. I don't think this makes a diff, since it is not the first dwg like this I have spent tons of time with, but it is what it is.

I noticed for some reason, especially with ENDPOINT, that the osnap won't turn off. I can turn it off using OSMODE (via middle mouse button) or F3, but it doesn't make any difference - it still snaps to endpoints. I have also noticed it with nodes, but not as much.

I've been using Acad and LDT-->Civil 3d for around 15 years, and I have never seen this before. but, I know how to use the commands to turn it on/off.

I am running no lisp, ARX or VBA routines other than what comes out of the Civil 3D box (including Map).

I am thinking maybe a repair of the installation is in order? ANyone seen this before?

THANKS

david

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

Check your settings for short cut keys T&5, they have been known to interfere with real *ork.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Murph_Map

not sure what these short cut keys are for, but I haven't enabled anything. it is strictly an out of the box install, except for a few toolbar buttons I have used for several years.

thanks

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

For what it's worth, I notice that working in Model Space through a Paper Space viewport the Osnaps work fine. Could this be a video thing? I have an NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M (1MB memory?) in a Dell Precision, seven-core, 8MB RAM, Windows 7 64 Bit.

Message 5 of 5
CADvisers

Just ran into this today.  Even with Osnaps turned off, I was still snapping to certain objects.

It's 3DOSNAP.  I must of accidentally hit F4 and turned it on.

Hope this helps.

Jonathan Stewart

Jonathan Stewart
CADvisers
P.O. Box 7811
Lancaster, PA 17604
Ph. 717-468-3111

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report