Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Enabler freading 2013 Civil objects

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
karen.cohen
581 Views, 4 Replies

Object Enabler freading 2013 Civil objects

Just loaded 2013 Civil 3D, need an Object Enabler for Civil 2012 that will translate the 2013 objects, does that exst yet??

Dims and Multileaders aredo not translate when saved backwards.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mathewkol
in reply to: karen.cohen

I think what you're asking for is an OE that will translate 2013 objects so you can open the file in 2012 and have them work.  This does not exist.  This is not possible.  Once a file has been saved in 2013 that file is forever locked to 2013 and above.  It can never be viewed in previous versions.

Your only hope if the PROXYGRAPHICS variable.  This may allow those objects to be viewed (but not edited) in previous versions.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 5
everblader
in reply to: mathewkol

@mathewkol wrote:

I think what you're asking for is an OE that will translate 2013 objects so you can open the file in 2012 and have them work.  This does not exist.  This is not possible.  Once a file has been saved in 2013 that file is forever locked to 2013 and above.  It can never be viewed in previous versions.

Your only hope if the PROXYGRAPHICS variable.  This may allow those objects to be viewed (but not edited) in previous versions.

Can you please explain why Autodesk decided not to allow this "backward editablity" in only one version sequence? To someone who has been using AutoCAD for 15 years, I see why a lot of people have a level of apprehension and frustration when a new version is released. And if there is a "workaround" Autodesk does not inform you of it you have to seek it out in a group forum. Just my two cents…

HP Z400 Workstation
Intel Xeon W3550 -Cores 4
12GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz
2-HP LE2201w @ 1680x1050
ATI FirePro V3800 (FireGL) (HP)
MS Windows 7 64-bit
Message 4 of 5
mathewkol

You'll have to ask Autodesk that question.

This behavior is nothing new; C3D has always been like this, including all of the other verticals if I'm not mistaken. Annoying yes, but it's nothing new.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 5
karen.cohen

Thanks for your input

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report