Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Elevation Label?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
sheldon.dale
769 Views, 4 Replies

Object Elevation Label?

Does anyone know of a way to label the elevation of an object where it is picked?  For example, I'd like to be able to pick on the node of a feature line or 3D polyline (or any object really) and have a label placed that displays the elevation of the object at the point where it was picked.  This could appear similar to the surface spot elevation label, but instead of getting it's elevation from a surface, it would come from the object where picked.  

Alternatively, does anyone know of a way to create a label style, perhaps using the Note label, to display something like this?  I don't even care if it is dynamic or not, static would be fine.  However, I do need it to scale annotatively.  

ToolPac has a feature that does this, but the label is just a polyline and text that is not annotative.  

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rkmcswain
in reply to: sheldon.dale

You can add a "Note" feature type (from the Add Labels dialog) to do this. You'll need a style that captures the "Z" elevation of the "Note".

elev99.png

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 5
DaveM
in reply to: rkmcswain

6-20-2013 1-25-00 PM.png

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 4 of 5
sheldon.dale

Thanks!  Got it!

But one more question.  Is there any way to make the label default to a dragged state, so I can click once on the object that I'm trying to label, and the second click will be where the label text is placed?

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 5
DaveM

I can picture what you want, but it's out of my league. After you create one of the note lables you can pull it out and then copy it, each location should update to the new elevation.

I can see where it would be a useful tool.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report