Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWC Export and missing Contexts - Workaroound

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
MikeEvansUK
175 Views, 0 Replies

NWC Export and missing Contexts - Workaroound

After much discussion, product support and testing different methods I have now found a fix to the problem right out of the blue.

The only problem is that in order to do this the user may be required to create a custom vb tool based on the OTB pipenetwork to excel function that I have previously used to import windes information.

The current issue is that only some information is extracted from civil3d pipe networks, custom added contexts do not get passed through the nwc export utitlity. I can't believe it but the answer was right under my nose all along.

The process is to tweak the exportpipenetwork to vba tool which ships with civil3d to search and extract all the required data. Obvously this is not an easy solution for most users but possibly a nessesary part. You may get some information from copying the Network vista.

You need to export this information to excel then create a datalink in Navisworks to target the Entity Handle then add the custom entries you need added. The missing information will then be added by matching handle. In order to bind the information into Navisworks you simply publish the data to an nwd file.

Process as link:  Navisworks Datalink process.

Mike

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report