Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVidia Quadro FX 2800M - Civil 3D 2013 Display Issues in Dialogue boxes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BtimmermanMMS
848 Views, 5 Replies

NVidia Quadro FX 2800M - Civil 3D 2013 Display Issues in Dialogue boxes

Running an HP Elitebook 8740w w/Windows 7 64bit and 8GB RAM. The graphics card is the NVidia Quadro FX 2800M driver Version 8.16.0011.8918

The problem i have with 8 identical systems running Windows 7 and C3D 2013 is that in dialogue boxes the systems don't display the dialogue and in some instances the pulldown menus (Styles) until you move the dialogue box a bit. This is a VERY annoying issue when you are trying to get a parcel set by polylines and the interface/dialogue box makes you "update" it with a move of the box. If you don't move the dialogue box the box is completely empty of options and/or input data. This also holds true for setting objects on styles and also label styles. You must move the dialogue box to even be able to select any label styles in the pulldown list, and any setting/toggle in the box must be updated with a move (Ex: Erase existing entities - when defiing parcel). Any and all toggles or options for an object must have the dialogue box "updated" before you can be 100% sure all settings are correct before you can hit Enter.

I have run the 3Dconfig command and done an update to the Performance Tuner and have udpated the driver to the card with NO LUCK.

Keeping in mind that all of these systems are used in a production mode and users are supposed to be billable. KInd of hard when this "feature" is not addressed in the program. If it has or is - I have not been able to find it over period of 2 days searching...

Thanks in advance for any input or assistance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
neilyj666
in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

Still an occasional annoyance in 2014

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 6
BtimmermanMMS
in reply to: neilyj666

So, you are saying there is no KNOWN solution to this "feature"?

To me an occassional annoyance is when my shoe doesn't stay tied and I have to bend down and tie it again.

Hardware/Software not working correctly - Bug.

Plain and simple.

Autodesk - Anyone?

Or, fleecing of Corporate America by a software company.

IF this were a free app downloaded for smart phone I wouldn't be ticked, but based on price and reputation of Autodesk and HP - a bit too much.

Let's get this figured out.

Message 4 of 6
neilyj666

A quick trawl through this forum will reveal frustrations concerning bugs unfixed for several releases....as I have posted several times in the past, if it ain't Cloud based they ain't interested in fixing it (and I have not seen any evidence that contradicts this assertion)....

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 6
dgorsman

Trying to point out non-existent black unmarked SUVs doesn't help much.  Since Civil3D isn't work-for-hire, what is paid for it is ultimately irrelevant.  Check the contract.  🙂

I *think* I know what you are describing but without screen shots its hard to tell if its the same thing.  If it is, I'm quite certain a fix isn't ENTIRELY in the realm of AutoDesk.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 6

Found the solution folks.

Thanks for all the input.

Give you a clue - don't use the Performance Tuner in the program.

One thing I rely on is Autodesk putting out answers to problems - it is their software and is tested with the hardware on the market.

Their certified driver did NOT fix the issue.

It is a driver issue though and now...back to work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report