Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note Label show in original and dragged location

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
AllenJessup
340 Views, 5 Replies

Note Label show in original and dragged location

I have note labels in one drawing. An Elevation style that list the elevation of the insertion point. The label texts are dragged to new locations. When I xref this drawing in to another. The label text shows at both the insertion points and the dragged locations. What's going on??

I've made sure the labels aren't duplicated on another layer. If I change the layer of the dragged text and do an Xlist in the drawing they're xrefed in to. The dragged text list on the layer I've change it to. The text in the original position lists on layer 0, which is the default layer for creation.

Allen

C3D 2012

Dell T7400, 4GB RAM, Win 7 64 bit

Nvidia Quadro 4600

LBL.PNG

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jmayo-EE
in reply to: AllenJessup

Sounds like a defect if audit or recover don't fix it. Send it to subscription support if you can.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I've become leary of Audit. It's thrashed a few surfaces on me. I'll try it as a last resort.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
AllenJessup
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I had to go the Audit route. Even after erasing the labels the ghost ones still showed in the Xref. After an Audit the labels appeared and could be erased. The only think I've seen, so far, that the Audit broke is a Hide Boundary in my existing Surface.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
jmayo-EE

I feel the pain but also feel lucky. I haven't seen audit mess up my files since the 09 version. 

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
DINOSPENDL

I think I figured it out.

When you imported survey data, you may have imported points from several different files.

One file might have had pts 1-50, the next file might have had pts 1-100.
(All points from the same job)

If you imported points from both files, you may have duplicates of points 1-50 IN the drawing.

So if you drag the label for point 1, it will show up in a dragged state, but the duplicate for point one will be right underneath it in it's original state.

You can figure out if you have duplicates of the same point by dragging the same label out over and over again.

If you have three duplicates of the same point, you shouldn't see the label in it's original state after dragging the label three different times.

Hope that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report