Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not sure which subassembly(s) to use

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
187 Views, 4 Replies

not sure which subassembly(s) to use

I am trying to create a ditch that daylights to a surface at a certain slope and then goes down at the same slope a foot further, over for a ditch basin then back up a foot to a certain point to either cut or fill. I think I need to use a link to target to the surface and then one of the daylight subassemblies to finish the ditch. Does that sound the right way to go abouts that or am I way off?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
brian.kling
in reply to: Anonymous

In this case, a picture would be worth a few hundred words at least. Can you attach a sketch of what you wish to accomplish?

Brian Kling
Sr International Customer Experience Lead
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
davidokonewski8100

Is it just me or does it sound like that ditch ahs the potential to not flow properly?

Either way ... there are a bunch of ways you can accomplish this. Have you looked into all of the ditch subassemblies? You can either do it that way or assemble a bunch of links together to get what you want.

But agreed a picture is worth a thousand posts
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Here is what I have. Link slope to surface subassembly, followed by a side ditch subassembly and then a daylight multi intercept ditch. I don't think there is a daylight subassembly that can do this, but I wanted to keep this as simplified as possible, which is why I am asking.
Message 5 of 5
sboon

Your picture looks a lot like the DaylightBasin subassembly. Try that.
Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report