Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Getting Design Levels of assembly

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
sarwar13
303 Views, 6 Replies

Not Getting Design Levels of assembly

Dear Friends,

I'm not getting the design levels of assembly, just major offset and elevation, how can i get all design levels from where my assembly is changing and where it is matching to the existing surface, is there any band problem or anything else please help me to solve this problem, im sending the view that how i'm getting my cross section and also i want to know that how can i control text size because it is too big for sections.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: sarwar13

The section view labels are controlled by the Code Set Style used.

Open the following tutorial as an example and select the section annotation>Rt. Cilck>choose Edit Code Set Style>

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\Help\Civil Tutorials\Drawings\Sections-Grade-Label.dwg

On the Codes Tab review the "Link" and "Point" labels being used and decide from here which labels are important for your projects.

Not sure which text size is too large? The answer on where they are changed depends on which text you wish to make smaller.

In short your caption includes the following styles:

-Section View Style

-Band Style (these include various Section View band styles)

-Code Set Style (these include Multipurpose Styles) found under the General>Multipurpose Style category.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
Joe-Bouza

the text size should be easy: make the cross sections in a file with the scale set appropriately like 1"=5'

I'm not well versed on section bands but look in the band style def for more parameters. On the section check the code set style for lables on specific points of the assembly
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 7
sarwar13
in reply to: Jay_B

Dear Jay_B I want to get my section like this with all existing & design levels, I'm sending you a screen shot and please tell me the image procedure how to get this style by unsing C3D 2010 version, because I don't have 2014 version. That is why I didn't get that dwg and procedure you told me.

Looking forward to your reply

Regards.

Message 5 of 7
andrewpuller3811

Regarding the text size - I notice you are in model space. The text (and bands) in the section views change size to suit the annotation scale of the current view. The screen shot shows the drawing in model space with an annotation scale of 1:1000. I find it best to set the model space annotation scale to the same scale as the view they are going to be plotted at. This will scale the text objects etc to how they should appear on paper.

If the text is still too large after setting the annotation scale, you will need to edit the band styles, and change the text component height. You will also need to change the rotation of the text component in the offset band style.

Regarding not getting the levels at the change of grade of the design surface, the band styles you are using are set to show the major (and possibly the minor) labels only. You need to have band styles set to show the baseline and grade change labels. You may have to set up the text components for the grade change labels if they don't exist already.

regarding the tutorials you should find them in a similar location under the civil 3d install location. Try something like this C:\Program Files\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010\Help\Civil Tutorials\Drawings\Sections-Grade-Label.dwg

In future please include the version of civil 3d you are using as this helps us to figure out what might be going on.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 6 of 7
sarwar13
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

I don't know how to have or create band style sets to show the baseline & grade change labels, please can you explain me how to have or create this label style in details.

Message 7 of 7
andrewpuller3811

I suggest you check out the tutorials that come with the software, and do some search in this forum.

Search the forum for editing band styles

I'm not try to be rude but this has all been covered here before.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report