Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

northing/easting vs grid northing/easting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
nostupidquestions
1881 Views, 4 Replies

northing/easting vs grid northing/easting

why don't these two coordinate systems match? they aren't even close and from what i understand they should be very close. thanks.

Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-2245 CPU @ 3.90GHz 3.91 GHz
64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sinc
in reply to: nostupidquestions

No way to say.  If you have northings/eastings that are different from GridNorthings/GridEastings, then that means you're using the Transformation Tab in Drawing Settings, and the transformation is being done according to your settings.  If you're getting incorrect results, it means you have incorrect values in the Transformation Tab.

That's all we can say without a LOT more detail.

Sinc
Message 3 of 5
nostupidquestions
in reply to: Sinc

thanks for the reply. i'm an idiot. the point list slider was cutting off the first 2 digits of both the northing and the easting. when i stretched it out it showed the full number. doh!

64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2
Message 4 of 5

@nostupidquestions wrote:

thanks for the reply. i'm an idiot. the point list slider was cutting off the first 2 digits of both the northing and the easting. when i stretched it out it showed the full number. doh!

That made me laugh! Not laughing at you but laughing because that sounds like something I would do!

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 5

glad i could make you laugh. it'slike that scene from 'slingblade' when carl is asked to fix a mower that no one can get started. 'it ain't got no gas in it'. ironically my name is carl.

64 GB RAM
C3D 2023.2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report