Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

North Arrow Text

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
garrettstuart
940 Views, 3 Replies

North Arrow Text

After I switched to C3D2015, Dynamic North Arrow 8's text style doesn't exist anymore. It now looks like the picture (it's rotated on purpose). As you can see, the N is offset and the style is basically 'roman', which I assume is the substitute font. The style is supposed to be 'North Arrow Text', a serifed and bolder font. I have to assume that's not loading, and for the life of me I can't figure out where the font is supposed to be in Windows. 

I can put that font file in the right place once I find it, as my associates seem to have it, but I need to find it first. Any sugggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: garrettstuart

There seems to be an issue with the "North Arrow Text Style" in both the 2013 & 2015 releases.

It seems to work ok when entering STYLE @ command line > Select "North Arrow Text" > set a different True Type Font (any) > click on Bodoni MT Poster Compressed Light.ttf (no need to even exit this dialog) > Select Apply after font style regular appears >Save > Exit c3d > Open.

The Windows true type fonts are installed here:

C:\Windows\Fonts\

North A 8.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
garrettstuart
in reply to: Jay_B

Well I think I may have found the heart of the issue. I don't have Poster Compressed, only Bodoni MT, and it's not a TTF. Or at the least the font is having an issue loading - there's a caution sign by it, and the preview looks like Roman. Even still I think the original font for North Arrow 8 is MT Regular, not compressed, but I'm not sure yet.

I'll try a few things and get back to you with what works for me.

Message 4 of 4
garrettstuart
in reply to: Jay_B

Ok well my issue seemed to be on the Windows side of things. As soon as I installed Bodoni MT into my system fonts the caution sign went away and the font loaded as it was supposed to. All is well.

Thanks for all that info.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report