Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

North Arrow Alignment with Plan Production

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
MurraySimon8160
4015 Views, 5 Replies

North Arrow Alignment with Plan Production

I'm using the Plan Production tools to create alignment drawings and when adding the north arrow during the process i get a error at the end stating @unable to align north arrow?

North arrow is a block and tried with basepoint and alignment parameters, unless i have missed something in the block creatation?

How do i create a north arrow block that will align with the layouts in plan production?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: MurraySimon8160

Only a guess: Does your block definition point straight up? Perhaps if you edit an existing block and replace the entities wiith yours?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 6

Yes the north arrow in the block does point straight or the top of the screen. Is there something that needs to be set in the block parameters?

Can someone send me a Nth Block that works?

Message 4 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: MurraySimon8160

I don't think it needs to be a dyno block, I use the old softdesk north arrow that been around for eons, and it works fine. Think about it, why would you want t o grip rotate you NA after PP did it for you Smiley Wink

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 6

Is your north arrow placed over the Plan viewport in the template you're using?

Lisa

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 6 of 6
teesoy
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

We have had the same issue uisng Civil 3D 2012. The first few sheets are correct, but then the north arrow can get way off, depending on the range of directional change of the alignment. We are looking for a solution as well. I am going to try moving the arrow above the viewport layout in my template file as you say, but I don't think it is going to work just knowing that the arrow IS rotating in the process, just rotating incorrectly...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report