Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Scaling Linetype

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
garrettstuart
521 Views, 7 Replies

Non-Scaling Linetype

Hey everyone, here's the sitch:

I've created a linetype of PZ27 sheetpile wall using exact dimensions (attached, I know the scale's off). The line works exactly as it should (save for around corners) - it extends 1 full unit at a time, resizes with good quality, etc - much better than inserting a block and having to rotate and attach it in chunks. The problem is scaling. 

As all good linetypes should, it scales depending on the scale of the viewport it's in/the annotation scale of model space, so if my VP or Cannoscale is anything but 1:1 the sheetpile shows up huge. I need this 1 linetype to not scale, like some linetype/object hybrid. [MS/PS]LTSCALE all control variables globally, and CELTSCALE is basically just the command line way of changing the "linetype scale" in properties, none of these options let you turn off the ability of an individual linetype to scale. As a matter of fact, I don't think that ability exists. Nonetheless, I wanna do it.

So, does anyone here know a way to turn off an individual line or linetype's ability to scale? Or know of another fancy way to get what I want?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
tcorey
in reply to: garrettstuart

If you set MSLTSCALE to 0 then linetypes will only take on the scale set by LTSCALE and won't be scaled when you change annotation scale.

If you don't want linetypes to be affected by LTSCALE, then use Continuous linetype. 😉

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 8
garrettstuart
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks but that won't change how it shows up in viewports or xrefs. I need it to actually not scale, rather than just turn off scaling in model space.
Message 4 of 8

Sort of found the answer. CADALYST has a nice post on how the scale of a linetype is drawn (based on pspace units). The thing about this is the linetype will still scale as you change the Cannoscale in mspace, so it may look the wrong size while you're drawing, but if you check pspace you should find that the linetype isn't changing scale, regardless of vpscale.

Message 5 of 8
Pointdump

Garrett,

How about PSLTSCALE?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 6 of 8
bryan

It might take a bit to set up, but when I did sheet pile work I just made 1:1 blocks from these:

http://www.skylinesteel.com/globalnav/technical-library/datasheets--autocads

I just set nodes for the connections and snap, snap, snap. I also made sets of 4,16,32, etc. to insert quicker.  I worked for an ERS contractor, so I had to be accurate, but it really wasn't much more work.

Message 7 of 8
garrettstuart
in reply to: Pointdump

"[MS/PS]LTSCALE all control variables globally"

I only want 1 linetype to scale.

Message 8 of 8
garrettstuart
in reply to: bryan

Yeah that's pretty much the solution we resort to if we can't get the linetype to be the right scale. But again, that's a lot more work than drawing a line.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report