Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Node Osnap in C3D broken

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lhampton
407 Views, 4 Replies

Node Osnap in C3D broken

Back in LDT you used to be able to mouse over point descriptions of draged state points to get Osnap to select the node. Civil 3D has apparently done away with this, why who knows but its very very hard to know what point your selecting if say you have a bunch of points on top of eachother. Can this be enabled anywhere?

The very mundain work around is to use 'PO to select the point entity, but it does not show the little osnap indicator on the point marker when you use 'PO.

How can I get my old Osnap node selection back?

Intel i7 2600 /z68 Gigabyte
8gigs DDR3 1800
Intel 320 Series SSD
Quadro 600 (1gig)
C3D 2016 / LDT 2009 / Win7 x64
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: lhampton

Snapping to a C3D Point using the Node osnap should work. If explode and destroy the C3D point you now have Autocad blocks representing your point so you will need to use the Insert Osnap.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
lhampton
in reply to: jmayo-EE

" If explode and destroy the C3D point you now have Autocad blocks representing your point so you will need to use the Insert Osnap."

Makes no sense... what are you trying to say here
Intel i7 2600 /z68 Gigabyte
8gigs DDR3 1800
Intel 320 Series SSD
Quadro 600 (1gig)
C3D 2016 / LDT 2009 / Win7 x64
Message 4 of 5
AllenJessup

This is a thread about this topic that was started on Monday. It lists some options. But not the exact method you want. Although if there is enough interest it may appear again some time in the future. The only option you'd have to get it back quickly would be to find a 3rd party that provided it or pay a 3rd party developer to do it.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
jmayo-EE

" If you explode and destroy the C3D point you now have Autocad blocks representing your point so you will need to use the Insert Osnap."

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report