Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Topology Interaction

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
224 Views, 5 Replies

No Topology Interaction

Just installed Civil 3D 2010. After creating Site 1 I created parcel then an alignment through the parcel. I then created a ROW parcel. After making sure that all of my objects were in site 1 I moved some of the grips on the alignment and the parcels did not move with the alignment. What have I done wrong. P.S. I am a newbie to civil 3d so be gentle.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I believe parcels do not interact with alignments as of yet. It has been a wishlist item and 2010 shows improvement with the offset alignment. Not quite there yet.

Rick
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I believe parcels do not interact with alignments as of yet. It has been a wishlist item and 2010 shows improvement with the offset alignment. Not quite there yet.

Rick
Message 4 of 6
Sinc

Parcels have interacted with Alignments ever since the 2007 release (I think?). The Alignment must be on the same site as the Parcels, though. And if you create the Alignment in the Siteless Alignments collection (e.g., not in any Site at all), it will not interact with Parcels at all.

-- Sinc
http://www.ejsurveying.com
http://www.quuxsoft.com
Sinc
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Rick,

Parcels and alignments on the same site have always interacted. The
inconvenience of this in all cases was one of the reasons for the
introduction of the "Siteless alignments".

Regards,

Laurie Comerford

C3D_RickGraham wrote:
> I believe parcels do not interact with alignments as of yet. It has been
> a wishlist item and 2010 shows improvement with the offset alignment.
> Not quite there yet.
>
>
>
> Rick
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Laurie et al,

I read the OP as if they wanted the parcels to move with the alignment. So if they have a road with alignments and parcels, they move the alignment and based upon the parcel settings they would obediently move and resize. THAT has been a wish.

So I guess I mis-read into this. I knew that they interacted as in sites.

Rick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report