Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No surface styles in surface properties - C3D 2013

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
normans
351 Views, 6 Replies

No surface styles in surface properties - C3D 2013

I had selected the 3D orbit to view surface from the side, then selected Top to return to plan view - seems like I've done this before, just can't recall what fixes it.

Now when I try to save:

2014-09-23_1641.png

It is like it is stuck in a command maybe?  I can't see my surface now and when viewing the surface properties there are no styles in the drop down list.

Anyone? Much appreciated!

Civil 3D 2015 SP 2, 64 bit
Dell Precision T5600, 16 GB
Win 7 Professional 64 bit
Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Pointdump
in reply to: normans

Norman,

That's a head-scratcher, all right. Have you run an AUDIT? Does it do that on any other drawings?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 7
normans
in reply to: Pointdump

I ran Audit and it found many errors and erased many things. I can now save file, however my surface is gone except the portion outside the exterior boundary that I had established ( I had deleted this boundary after experiencing problem ).

Simple file fortunately - I will try again but I don't think I'll try the orbit this time.

Thanks for your help.

Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 4 of 7
normans
in reply to: Pointdump

I'll mark as solution next couple days - Maybe others will chime in?
Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 5 of 7
normans

Do not know what I did to create this mess but would like some insight or thoughts to avoid in future.

To recap - I had selected orbit through the View menu and tilted my surface. I then selected "Top" which is what I thought would return me to plan view? Perhaps that isn't the way to do it? Seems like I have done that before. Anyway, I don't recall anything out of the ordinary occurring other than after selecting the Top view it tried to do an autosave and that is when I got the message shown in the earlier post.  This is when I also noticed that there were no surface styles in the drop down list of the Surface Properties dialog box.

The Audit command did major repairs and erasures, erased all my points and point groups and not sure what else.  Now I have re-imported the points and built my surfaces.  I couldn't see the contours but could see the TIN.  I had set a point (manually at end of line) and the Northing was incorrect - all 0's.  On a whim, after noticing the UCS symbol showed X and Z, not X and Y, I typed UCS and selected the default "World" and now I can see the contours (I think I went ahead and deleted the surface and rebuilt it though).  Still using the same breaklines after all this and everything seems to be OK however I am still working with it.

Don't mean to waste anyone's time, just hoping that someone had some words of wisdom or advice.  I'll leave it alone after another day or two. Thanks.

Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000
Message 6 of 7
Jay_B

One thing that can cause this error is insufficient disk space.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 7
normans
in reply to: Jay_B

Ixnay on the disk space - file server reports 1.5TB, although maybe the server played a role in the situation?

I have successfully gotten back to the point that I was and progressed from there. Hopefully I won't encounter that again.  Thanks for the help.

Intel Xeon @ 2.0 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro 4000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report