Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Material in Some Sections

42 REPLIES 42
Message 1 of 43
Umit.Arslan
2273 Views, 42 Replies

No Material in Some Sections

In some of the section views, some of the materials (excavation in the picture)  is not getting hatched and calculated like shown in the attached picture.     (red line is graded surface+white line is EG)

If someone has allready faced this problem please any help will highly be appreciated.Thanks

- Umit Arslan -
Survey Engineer
Civil 3D 2018 x64
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
32GB RAM
42 REPLIES 42
Message 21 of 43
fcernst
in reply to: Umit.Arslan

Hi Umit,

Pull the surface "Tabi Zemin Part-1" out of the Weak Soil criteria and then it comes in for those yellow circled stations.

You don't need it due to the orientation of the surfaces through that range of stations.

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 22 of 43
Umit.Arslan
in reply to: fcernst

Hello Fred,

"Tabi Zemin Part-1" is my EG.So i cannot excavate weak soil above my EG thats why i cannot pull out EG out of subcriteria.Can you please check the attached picture and  KM 47+020 just after you pull EG out.

Thanks

- Umit Arslan -
Survey Engineer
Civil 3D 2018 x64
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
32GB RAM
Message 23 of 43
fcernst

Ok, leaving that subcriteria in then,  I rebuilt the corridor in the corridor drawing and then deleted that Sample Line group and resampled. Then Weak Soil came in for those sections.

I should mention that Part-1 surface wasn't in the section drawing.. I had to go find it in the corridor drawing, promote it, shortcut it, then create a reference to it in the section drawing.

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 24 of 43
Umit.Arslan

Fred,

Thanks for your kind attention but creating sample lines and writing all those subcriterias and creating 400 sample views again and again should not be a proper solution.Even in that way (i have tried before) you may fix weak soil but new blank crossections are facing you in your new section views.

I think someone(s) from AutoCAD Team has to accept that this is a terriable BUG about AutoCAD C3D and promise users that Developing Team is going to solve this BUG in the 2016 version.

Thanks

- Umit Arslan -
Survey Engineer
Civil 3D 2018 x64
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
32GB RAM
Message 25 of 43
fcernst

I get VB.Net errors also..Class modules not found

Are these stock subassemblies? I remember 2014 had vb.net issues also that had to be addressed with patches.

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 26 of 43
Umit.Arslan

Subassemblies are created by SAC but i also had this problem with stock subassemblies.I do not know much about vb.net errors but iam sure this is not about it.In my opinion if you define more than 4 or 5 materials and use subcriteria then C3D's brain is confusing and creating blank crossections and can you please explain the difference between the crossections one is calculating and hatching the material but the other is not?

Thanks

- Umit Arslan -
Survey Engineer
Civil 3D 2018 x64
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
32GB RAM
Message 27 of 43
fcernst

I recreated this problem in my test drawing with no DREF's and using a stock subassembly.  You can see how the Material "mULTITEST"  (red solid) is randomly appearing and missing in various sections.

I'll send my drawing off to Autodesk Support now.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

NN

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 28 of 43
Umit.Arslan

So you say that there is a misconnection between SAC and C3D? or advise me not to use SAC subassemblies and just use stock subassemblies? What if stock subbassemblies do not fulfill the need? or may be you mean that my SAC subassembly has a problem?

Recreating this all thing can not be a proper solution as i said before and i have faced this bug several times with stock subassemblies also!!!

I am also wondering if you have defined subcriterias like in my drawing?

By the way iam loosing my hopes that someone is going to solve this bug or prove that iam wrong and this is not a bug and its just my fault.

Thanks

- Umit Arslan -
Survey Engineer
Civil 3D 2018 x64
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
32GB RAM
Message 29 of 43
fcernst

No, you don't understand... I agree there seems to be a problem, so I am sending it off to Support.

If they agree, then it will go on to Development to be fixed.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 30 of 43
Umit.Arslan

Sorry for my poor english Fred.thanks for your kind attention.thank you.
- Umit Arslan -
Survey Engineer
Civil 3D 2018 x64
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
32GB RAM
Message 31 of 43
fcernst

Oh no worries Umit...

I actually have another couple cases submitted to them involving Earthworks, that are still in progress.

These are frustrating problems...real showstoppers.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 32 of 43
Umit.Arslan

yes exactly.i hope they solve such critical problems soon, otherwise iam
sure users would search other options...
- Umit Arslan -
Survey Engineer
Civil 3D 2018 x64
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
32GB RAM
Message 33 of 43
fcernst

Hi Umit,

I submitted a test drawing showing the defect to Support and they have reproduced the problem and are now sending it off to Development for repair.

Users can reference this ticket number in Product Feedback to help keep this up on Development's priority list. Obviously it's a critical loss of functionality and capability.

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 34 of 43
dhirzel

I actually submitted the same issue to Autodesk on 1-11-15 and recieved the same response and referenced the DE19031 ticket. I'm also pushing from our software vendors side in hopes they have better connections to help push this issue through and get us a fix. I've been dealing with this since the 2012 release and it almost appears that the Materials component of C3D needs to be watched very closely!

Message 35 of 43
BillPaddock

AutoDesk, is there a resolution to this issue yet? I am having this problem right now using Civil 3D 2015, J.210.0.0, SP3.

Message 36 of 43
dhirzel
in reply to: BillPaddock

I have not received any definitive answer yet but our software retailer has stated the issue is resolved in 2016. I have had limited use in the new version but it does appear to be much more improved from 2015. I will caution you on this as it was a tip passed along from another user. Make sure that the surfaces are all extended beyond your sample lines. Meaning, be sure to have the sample lines interpreting complete surface data on all of your material surfaces. This required me to paste composite surfaces together to fill any voids beyond a specific material but I have seen an improvement with it. Hope this helps!

Dan

[cid:image79dc5b.PNG@e08356e4.4cb4abf2]
DANIEL L. HIRZEL, P.E.
GPS Engineer
840 Patchen Road, Oregon, OH 43616
C: (419) 466-3346
www.eswagner.com
A
[cid:image2987c9.GIF@819a1a1a.4ba11be2] [cid:image77167d.GIF@6f3d14d6.42b1e02a] [cid:image3aea27.GIF@4bae4792.489a0f52]
Message 37 of 43
dhirzel
in reply to: BillPaddock

I have not received any definitive answer yet but our software retailer has stated the issue is resolved in 2016. I have had limited use in the new version but it does appear to be much more improved from 2015. I will caution you on this as it was a tip passed along from another user. Make sure that the surfaces are all extended beyond your sample lines. Meaning, be sure to have the sample lines interpreting complete surface data on all of your material surfaces. This required me to paste composite surfaces together to fill any voids beyond a specific material but I have seen an improvement with it. Hope this helps!

Dan

[cid:image79dc5b.PNG@e08356e4.4cb4abf2]
DANIEL L. HIRZEL, P.E.
GPS Engineer
840 Patchen Road, Oregon, OH 43616
C: (419) 466-3346
www.eswagner.com
A
[cid:image2987c9.GIF@819a1a1a.4ba11be2] [cid:image77167d.GIF@6f3d14d6.42b1e02a] [cid:image3aea27.GIF@4bae4792.489a0f52]
Message 38 of 43
BillPaddock
in reply to: dhirzel

Thank you. That was somewhat helpful. I also found this that indicates there is still no solution for 2016 or 2017.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

What did work for me, and seems to be a more exceptable solution than adding pioints to the surface, was shifting the sample line by 0.01.

Message 39 of 43
Hidden_Brain

I have had this happen to me since version 2009. I had mixed luck sliding the "problem" section sample line a few inches along the alignment. Although doing that has alleviated the problem at times, it has been a hit or miss in my case.

Message 40 of 43
tonykhoury

I am using autocad civil 3d 2017 and i have the same issue. That's so annoying and serious problem. 

Tony 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report