Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Delete Key, No Text Edit, No Right Click Functions

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
637 Views, 4 Replies

No Delete Key, No Text Edit, No Right Click Functions

I have had this problem a couple of times already and the only way to remedy the situation is to completely uninstall and re-install Civil3D. My Problem started with not being able to edit text, then not being able to use the delete key, and then the right click options pop-up box becomes unusable. I have re-installed Civil 3D for the third time and now my text editing by double clicking the text is not working. Can anyone help on this before I have to re-install for a forth time???
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Please read my post on April 22, 2009 subject "Don't Forget ~ Good
Questions Get Quicker Results"

This newsgroup.

Thanks,

Bill

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
have had this problem a couple of times already and the only way to remedy the
situation is to completely uninstall and re-install Civil3D. My Problem
started with not being able to edit text, then not being able to use the
delete key, and then the right click options pop-up box becomes unusable. I
have re-installed Civil 3D for the third time and now my text editing by
double clicking the text is not working. Can anyone help on this before I have
to re-install for a forth time???
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Then after you read it, type PICKFIRST at the command line and set it to 1.

HTH
James Wedding, P.E.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thank goodness for this discussion group. I randomly lost the ability to double click and edit text. I tried the options menu and user preferences with no positive results. The pickfirst item did the trick, but I would have had absolutely no clue to do that without this post. I find it a little perplexing that the options menu appears to deal with this "double click editing" option for the mouse, but not really. It ends up being a pickfirst 1 or 0 thing that is so random and counter-intuitive that the only way a person would know about it is to have had this exact problem. I know there are several other 1 or 0 command options, but don't really know where to find them. Does anyone know where I can find an exhaustive list of those commands and what they do?
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

AutoCAD Help, Command Reference, System
Variables

style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Does
anyone know where I can find an exhaustive list of those commands and what
they do?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report