Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no corridor shown in cross sections

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
203 Views, 2 Replies

no corridor shown in cross sections

i used the create assembly offset command and built my assembly off of this new starting point, created a corridor which i then viewed in view/edit sections, looks fine, then i created x-sections and my corridor does not display in my cross sections! any thoughts?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Offset assemblies do not appear in cross section views. You can basically
treat them as completely separate baselines. You can't show multiple
baselines in section views either.

Matt
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Matt,
What is the best way to cut cross sections? I have cut them using a surface (built from my corridor model). This shows everything I need except for my pavement thickness'. I asked our trainer about this and he said to cut the sections from my corridor model and it will show all of the pavement thickness'. I did this and it worked. However, when one of my 50' cross sections is in the middle of an intersection it only goes out to the edge of pavement. (I ran my typical assembly with curb & gutter up to the curb return. Then I ran a typical assembly without curb and gutter through the intersection. Then ran a curb return assembly around each curb return) Is there any way to show the pavement thickness and the "true" cross section all the way through the swath width that I have set? Again, what is the best way to handle cross sections? Attached, you'll see the plan of the cross section 106+75, the cross section that I'm getting, and the cross section I want to get. Thanks for any and all help you can give me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report