Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new vs old?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
104 Views, 1 Reply

new vs old?

Hi there, First off lemme say that I think this thing has tons of potential and is awesome so far. I have some questions though. Is thing going to be replacing LDT/Civil Design? if so, does that mean the current "project" format is going away? Or are we supposed to run these along side eachother? Making old projects kinda useless without goin in and importing data all the time into some kind of master base dwg that we then attach to the new "project". I guess, what I mean is, what is the intended use here? Do I just do a design in civil3d and then not be able to take advantage of smart objects when I xref into sheets? How do I take advantage of automatically labled items when I xref things into sheets and they (labels) are rotated cuz my road is north/south and I rotate it east/west for a plan and profile? I'm not complaining, I'm just curious about what the expected approach is for this software and if I'm just not seeing it. thanks Nick H
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Nick, This program will eventually replace LDT/Civil Design, but it will be some time before that happens. They still have a lot of programming to do to get all the functionality of Civil Design into Civil 3D. They are still working on the Project format where the design data is stored in external databases instead of inside the drawing. They have this working for Points and Surfaces. Civil 3D must be run along side LDT 2004. That is the only way it will work since Civil 3D uses your Civil Design license, either stand alone or network. As for your labels rotation in xrefs, service pack 1 for Civil 3D is due out at anytime and that issue is fixed in the service pack. I saw a beta of the service pack at AU and that problem was fixed. Tom "Nick H" wrote in message news:3fe37ad6_2@statler... > Hi there, > First off lemme say that I think this thing has tons of potential and is > awesome so far. I have some questions though. > Is thing going to be replacing LDT/Civil Design? if so, does that mean the > current "project" format is going away? Or are we supposed to run these > along side eachother? Making old projects kinda useless without goin in and > importing data all the time into some kind of master base dwg that we then > attach to the new "project". > I guess, what I mean is, what is the intended use here? Do I just do a > design in civil3d and then not be able to take advantage of smart objects > when I xref into sheets? How do I take advantage of automatically labled > items when I xref things into sheets and they (labels) are rotated cuz my > road is north/south and I rotate it east/west for a plan and profile? > I'm not complaining, I'm just curious about what the expected approach is > for this software and if I'm just not seeing it. > thanks > Nick H > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report