Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Tool Palette keeps Disappearing...?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
RDunkley
2299 Views, 5 Replies

New Tool Palette keeps Disappearing...?

I have seen all kinds of posts, but with no real solutions for this...

I am trying to create several new tool palettes in Civil 3D 2015, but they keep disappearing when I restart.

Does anyone know how I should be doing this?

Regards.
Ross.

Currently using Civil 3D 2023
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mathewkol
in reply to: RDunkley

The first thing that comes to mind is your palette path gets changed. Check the path(s) in the Options dialog before you shut down and after a restart, is it the same?

In Windows Explorer, are the custom palette files still there before and after?

Maybe the palette group gets changed somehow upon restart. If you right click the palette header and select customize palettes, do your custom palettes appear in the list on the left?
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 6
RDunkley
in reply to: mathewkol

- The paths in the Options Dialog remain the same before & after...

- The Custom Palette file in Windows Explorer doesn't get written (I think this is the issue...?)

- In the Customize Palettes command I can create new Groups & New Palettes etc. but they will all be missing after a restart...?

Regards.

Ross.

Message 4 of 6
mathewkol

This sounds like a permissions issue. 2 things:

1. Ensure your path is not read-only., or
2. Try copying your palettes to a folder you KNOW you can write to. Then make new palettes and see if they stick.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 6
RDunkley
in reply to: mathewkol

I managed to create a new one by ensuring that my Local Folder (The one with the AcTpCatalog.atc file) was set as the first in my list in the 'Options...' Tab.

After opening up Civil 3D again and then closing, I located the New Palette on my Local drive and copied (I had to leave one copy there to start with...?) to my second location (Which is also on my Local drive). I then set the Local Folder (The one with the AcTpCatalog.atc file) back to the second in the list, closed Civil 3D and was then able to delete the original...

Not sure this will work for everyone, but seemed to for me.

Regards.

Ross.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Can you show me more detail, pro RDunkley ???

many thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report