Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New tab (+) in 2015 causes crash

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
neilyj666
2037 Views, 13 Replies

New tab (+) in 2015 causes crash

Any one having issues with the new tab button in 2015 - every time I hit it Civil 3D crashes; totally unusable in this state....:(

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
neilyj666
in reply to: neilyj666

Tried repair and then a reinstall and still crashes out- support ticket raised....:(

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
fcernst

No issues here.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 4 of 14
neilyj666
in reply to: fcernst

It worked fine up until yesterday and I'm not sure what's changed. As I've not done too much with it yet, I'm uninstalling the whole of IDSP 2015 and reinstalling

EESignature

Message 5 of 14
Jeff_M

I have created new Layout and Drawing Tabs using the + without a problem. I did have a crash after using the + to create a new drawing tab, but it occured about 5 minutes after creating it. I had clicked the +, let the new tab display, then was distracted by a phone call. While on the phone, and C3D was just sitting the idle, I got a Fatal Error. I think this may have been about when an Autosave would normally kick in, but since the tab was still on the startup screen there was nothing to save.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 14
wfberry
in reply to: Jeff_M

I had a similar problem, I was about to respond to neilyj's first request, HAVE NO PROBLEM, looked around and it crashed.  Good catch there Jeff!

Bill

Message 7 of 14
walterlewinski
in reply to: wfberry

After reading this thread, I created a new tab and left it for over 20 minutes with no problem.

Then I switched to another drawing tab I had previously opened, and then back to the new tab and left it alone, after 5 minutes it had a fatal error.

walter

Thank you,
Walter

IDSP Premium 2016
Win 7 Pro x64, 256Gb SSD, 4Tb HDD
16Gb Ram Intel i7-5930K @ 3.50GHz
3-NVIDIA GTX 970 4Gb (12Gb) Triple Monitors
Message 8 of 14
neilyj666
in reply to: walterlewinski

After reinstalling and bit by bit additions it seems that if you try to transfer a CUI node (that is not transferable) it appears to work and then the crash occurs....

EESignature

Message 9 of 14
AllenJessup

Try changing the default template fro QNew to an OOTB template and see if that affects it. It might be something in your template.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 10 of 14

Do you have the Layer Filter Control on the ribbon?

The Layer Filter Control has been found, and verified by Autodesk, to cause crashes when clicking the new tab button.

If you have it on the ribbon, remove it to fix this issue.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 11 of 14

removing layer filter from ribbon since i cannot load a profile where a layer filter combo box is loaded.  This is horrible.

Mike Shick
www.medesigns.us
Message 12 of 14

Yes, I am also very unimpressed as I use it a lot.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 13 of 14

Yet again they have managed to break one of the fundamental parts of the program which is actually very useful.......the Autodesk 360 stuff works flawlessly but is not all that useful which shows where the priorities are....:(

EESignature

Message 14 of 14

Found something that may help you narrow it down. We had some custom code running that listened for DocumentBecameCurrent event. When the new tab was created the code crashed. The new tab threw the event but there the current document is "nothing".

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report